Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On the mountain

We now have been up to the mountain two days. Monday the weather wasn't so good. It was really windy and the snow was kind of icy. Isn't this what we have at Mt. Hood? It was still so amazing! The mountain is gorgeous and the views are spectacular. Tuesday the weather was superb. We had good snow, especially the upper half of the mountain. It snowed all day today, which I am totally fine with. There is a new storm on its way and should dump a lot of new powder! I am very sore tonight, I hope I can continue to ski the rest of week, the legs are hurting.

Picture at the top of the Bridger Gondola


Here I am ripping it up!



Look! A moose is on the slope! This was amazing, it was literally 20 feet from me.



Here is the picture I tried to upload earlier. This picture is of a resevoir on the boarder of Idaho and Wyoming. The whole lake is frozen over. Isn't it beautiful!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful! Sometimes the best skiing is in a storm (less people, more powder)

ducklips said...

That is a gorgeous picture. I'm glad you took the time to reload it. Love the moose and the snow plow. You're pretty hard core!

Chris C said...

Elise I am sooo hard core. I love the picture too. It may be the best picture of the trip. The moose was so cool.

Sheri I don't mind skiing in a storm either. Today I skiid in about 12 inches of powder, it was awesome! Plus no lines for the gondola either.

Boston's blog said...

That is incredible you saw a moose. I miss you alot.





Boston

Kim said...

I wish I was skiing right now. I haven't been in so long. Your pictures make me miss it. Looks like fun!