Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Decemberists



Last night we (Merilee, myself and my niece Catie) went to the Decemberists concert. It was a great concert. However, I am seriously paying for it today. My legs ache from standing for 3+ hours. The opening band Psuedosix was a little too mellow for a show starting at 9:00 pm. That could be that I am just getting old!
The Decemberists show started a little slow. I didn't even recognize any of the first 8 songs. Halfway through the show it turned. The energy started coming, the music started beating faster, the crowd started moving - that's when it started for me.

Turned out to be a great show, they played for 1:50 minutes. There is not much better then going to bed with that ringing in your ears. I love it!

3 comments:

Merilee said...

Oh, I like that picture you posted. We said a lot of the same things in our posts today. I can think of many things better than ringing in my ears.

megan said...

I'm so jealous that you guys saw the decemberists! I guess it helps that you live in there home state, right next to their home city. They never come to Arizona. Glad you guys had fun

Chris C said...

You know Megan, if you guys lived here you would be able to see them too. Merilee would probably a little happier too.