Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Basketball

Tonight I have basketball practice with Mason's 4th grade team. I have volunteered to coach his team and I really love it. I enjoy watching the kids progress throughout the season. What I enjoy most about it though is spending time with my kids. I have coached each one of them and I love it. Even if I don't know much about the sport I really enjoy interacting with the kids. Does this mean that I am at the same intellectual level as 4th graders? Merilee - don't answer that!

Anyway, here is to another season of basketball. I hope I am not too tough on the kids. The first practice we ran suicides and I think I got a few evil eye stares from some parents. We will be running again tonight so they better get used to it! The downpart of me coaching my kids is that I think I may be too hard on them. I am sorry Boston, Mason and Sid. I love you guys!

2 comments:

Merilee said...

You know I think you are one of the most intelligent people out there, and you are an awesome coach too. Our kids just love that their dad will take the time out of his very busy schedule for them.

Sheri said...

Ian coached Alexander's flag football team last year and after Alexander's 4th "breakdown" we decided that it's better if Ian cheers him on rather than coaches. Alexander just can't handle the pressure of his dad criticizing him in front of his friends.

Kudos to you - I'd love to coach one of my kids but I'd have to get leashes for the rest of them first.