Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trip 2

For trip 2 we went to Reedsport, Oregon to ride ATVs at the sand dunes. I knew this would be fun but I didn't know it would be as fun as it was. Holy cow did I have a great time. The dunes are right on the coast and when you climb some of them you have a great view of the ocean (see pics below). Boston and Mason also had a great time riding the ATVs. Joyce, my sister, has 4 ATVs, 2 of which are Yamaha Blasters 250's. These are the bikes Boston and Mason rode (and shared with Joyce and Catie - my niece). The drive there and back was so beautiful. Boston turned out to be quite the rider. He went up and down some pretty steep hills. I was very impressed. I think their favorite part was "carving" the hills. This is when you shoot up a hill as fast as you can and spin a 180 at the top and shoot back down. If you do it right it gives you that faint little tickle in your stomach. I love it too.

Below are some pics for you to enjoy.

We had to drive my truck out to the sand camp spot. This was a little scary since the last time we drove it in the sand Merilee got it stuck. We made it just fine though. Good truck, good truck.


This is our awesome 5 star MOTEL we stayed in. Nothing like the Salty Seagull!

and the inside...


Boston and Mason on the Blaster


View of the ocean from the top of the dunes. If you look carefully you can see a sailboat.


Here is my nephew Nick catching some air off the top of a dune.


Me and Boston "carving" one of the dunes.


The view of the river on the drive home. Isn't it beautiful!

4 comments:

Merilee said...

Fun times babe. I can't believe Nick jumped that high. He's crazy!

Kim said...

Man that looks like fun! We used to ride out in the desert a lot when I was younger, but we've never done dunes. It looks like a blast.

I wish I lived in Oregon. It's gorgeous.

Sheri said...

We did that once at the sand dunes near Yuma. It was lots of fun but not nearly as beautiful as where you were!

ducklips said...

I like your little speck of a sail boat. Ok, so maybe I'm jealous a bit. Your trips sound like so much fun.