Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trip #1

We switched up our vacation plans this summer and decided to see the Northwest while we still could. So here is our first trip. We went to Deer Harbor, Washington, it is located in the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound. The island we were on was called Orcas Island. We had to take a ferry to reach the island. It was beautiful. We didn't see any whales, but still a great ride. While we were there it was cloudy and rainy most of the time, but still relaxing. We did some swimming, played some golf, explored the little island towns. I am sure Merilee will post more about our trip. The best part was on our ferry ride back. We all decided to stay in the car and relax during the 45 minute ride. However, we left the key on to listen to the iPod. When we tried to start the car - dead battery. The ferry is fully loaded. We are halfway back on the side. How embarrassing! Luckily the crew of the ferry had one of those car jumpers. We had to push the van forward to let the people behind us off before we got the car started. Looks like it's time for a new battery!

Here are some pictures...

This is where we loaded the ferry - Anacortes, WA


A view from the ferry - Between Anacortes and Deer Harbor


The view from our condo - Deer Harbor, WA


Sidney being silly at lunch - East Sound, WA


Me at the golf course - Deer Harbor, WA


Sidney swimming - Deer Harbor, WA


View from the dock - Olga, WA

8 comments:

jaust.me said...

What a beautiful fun trip! Sorry about your car, that would be crazy.

Merilee said...

I had a blast. The car thing was hilarious. I'm just glad I'm not a man so I didn't have to deal with it. I'm so 1950's.

megan said...

I love the picture of all three of your kids. They look like best friends! I know they really are even if they wouldn't say so. It looks like a great trip!

Sheri said...

I also loved the first picture. The only time my boys touch each other is to beat the crap out of each other.

It does look like a beautiful place. Wasn't it too cold to swim?

Kim said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

I need a vacation.

Brian said...

I think I need to vacation with you. You always seem to fit golf in and I can't manage that.

ducklips said...

Your car story is so freakin' funny. You are such an adventurous family that I'm sure something little like a dead battery wouldn't slow you down. At least you had some good music for about an hour.

Darilyn said...

That is so funny about the car. Sounds like a really fun trip. I haven't talked to merilee in what feels like forever so it's great to see and read about what you guys are up to.